While some of us are blessed with the best cooking skills, not many of us have the luxury of time to cook every day, mainly because life can get very busy.
We all have this bad habit of skipping meals or we tend to forget to eat whenever our work schedule goes haywire, this needs to be changed asap. We all understand the kind of lifestyle and time schedule people follow during a normal busy day. It’s very hard to make some extra time to prepare that delicious food. So, we came up with a solution, well, this solution is quite out there and its nothing that one can’t do. It’s pretty simple, yummy, and super healthy.
The special potion is a healthy thick smoothie. If you don’t like it thick you can make it lighter, that’s according to your likeness. These are very basic recipes that include common ingredients you can find easily in your markets. The goal here is to keep your tummy fueled up with healthy stuff and not skip another meal ever again.
1. Start your day with this Berry Smoothie.
Rich in antioxidants and fully packed with amazing fruits.
- 1 cup of frozen and unsweetened raspberries
- 3/4 cup chilled unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup frozen pitted unsweetened cherries or raspberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice in a blender
- Puree until smooth
2. Something green with kiwi & banana.
A post-work-out smoothie rich in Vitamin C.
- 1 medium banana
- 1 kiwi, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 c. organic unsweetened almond milk
- 1 c. organic fresh spinach
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein
- 1/2 c. organic coconut water
- blend until smooth
3. The citrous orange smoothie to keep you fresh all day.
Low in calories and will definitely cool you down with a glass of it.
- 1 navel orange
- 1/4 cup fat-free
- Half-and-half milk or fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A couple of ice cubes
- Blend and process until smooth
4. The magic of green tea and blueberry goodness.
Looks pretty good and also antioxidant-rich.
- 1 green tea bag (brew it in the bowl of warm water)
- 3 tablespoons of warm water in a bowl
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- Half of a medium banana
- 3/4 cup calcium-fortified light vanilla soy milk into a blender
- Add the tea and blend all ingredients until smooth
4. This is the world’s best smoothie, wanna know what is in it?
A perfect balance of protein and fiber.
- 1 cup of nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 6 frozen strawberries
5. Strawberry and kiwi fun for the day time.
High in fiber, contains healthy polyphenols and vitamin C.
- 1 1/4 cup cold apple juice
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 kiwi
- 5 frozen strawberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoon honey
6. The tropical papaya madness for your tummy.
Keeps you full, fresh, and provides smooth digestion.
- 1 papaya
- 1 cup of fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed
7. Watermelon, as fresh as it can get.
The epitome of refreshing smoothie.
- 2 cups of chopped watermelon
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 cups ice
8. One apple smoothie a day keeps your tummy safe.
Rich in protein and beta-glucan.
- 1 c. apple cider
- 1/2 c. 2% vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tbsp. pecans
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 c. ice cubes
9. What can one banana and a slice of ginger do, you ask?
It calms down your stomach from indigestion, relieves heartburn and nausea, etc.
- 1 banana
- 1 fresh slice of ginger
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of honey
10. If you love green apples this is your go-to.
This smoothie contains omega-3s, omega-6 fatty acids, fiber, magnesium, etc.
- 2 c. packed baby spinach
- 1 chopped Granny Smith apple
- 3/4 c. coconut water
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. hemp seeds
- 3 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. raw honey
- 1 1/2 c. ice cubes h
11. The star of the show, peanut butter, and berry smoothie.
With the combined goodness of sweet and salty, a glass of it will keep you full for hours.
- 1 cup of frozen mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter powder
- 1 scoop dairy-free vanilla protein powder (about 30g)
- 1 ½ cups almond milk or coconut milk
12. Oh, the warmth of pumpkin and coconut smoothie is like no other.
It is definitely the one for people who follow gluten-free lifestyle, as it is gluten-free, Paleo, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 frozen banana sliced
- 1 cup ice
13. Another green one, you ask? Green is definitely the king here.
You can always have this for breakfast as it is packed with omega-3 fatty acids.
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
14. For the ones who workout often, this is the one for you.
Provides you with maximum energy while working out.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
15. When there is a carrot in it, what could go wrong?
It tastes like a carrot cake, but like better.
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen sliced banana
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla cashew milk
- 1/4 cup frozen diced pineapple
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnuts
- 1 tablespoon flaked coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- For the topping: Shredded carrots