Cleaning out a closet is a task as we all know, but with all the time that we have in the current situation, maybe we can get creative with it. Organizing it aesthetically, making room for new stuff, and putting away the old ones can actually make you feel a lot better. You see, visually pleasing is something that we ignore in general but once you get a hang of it, you’d see a major difference.
First of all, you’d need to understand the layout of your room or closet space. Then decide what kinda furniture you actually need to make the spaces seem a lot more sophisticated. Once that is tackled down, all you need is a proper knowledge of fitting in your whole wardrobe at the right place and order. We have some methods you could benefit from. Not only do you need to de-clutter but strategically design your own closet where you can see everything from a spot and not have to find for it every time.
1. Adding a bypass door instead of actual doors can create a whole new look to your closet.
You can DIY them at home, you don’t need many articles to put them together. Bypass doors will open up space and also make it easier to see your clothes without shifting from door to door.
2. You can also add a curtain that goes well with your interior.
It could be used as a partitioner and create a small trial space.
3. If you have a wall of no use, you can install some bars for all kinds of usage.
Like for this one here, it is used as a scarf organizer, you can display them out and easily choose whichever you wanna wear on any day.
4. You could also utilize the door by making it a shoe rack.
By simply installing more bars you can hang your heels on them.
5. A dainty jewelry wall will add some extra effortless-looking interior design.
It becomes a piece of room decor and at the same time prevents them from tangling up.
6. If you have extra room on the shelves and don’t how to fill them up.
Neatly fold your warm and bulky clothing, color-coordinate them and use them as space fillers on your shelves.
7. While installing the rods, place them higher for more space beneath.
Then you can place your giant laundry baskets and even place your tall boots down there.
8. Talking about rods, you could also create tiers of it to make more room for more.
When you have to make do with limited space, this trick comes in handy.
9. Why not show it off if you got it, right??
Make a display wall, that being said if you have room for it. This touch will give you an aesthetically pleasing side to your walk-in closet. You can put out your designer bags and shoes and play around with the colors according to you your taste.
10. While you’re at it, style it according to the seasons.
You will anyway be cleaning out your closet according to the season, so do the same for your interior. Try cool tones and minimal look for the summer as most summer clothing items are colorful. And maybe a warm and dark tone for winter, to enrich the vibe of it.
11. Also, one thing that irks me personally is multiple types of hangers.
They look tacky please do not make this mistake. Trust me if you use just one kind of hanger whether it is colorful or not, it gives a cleaner look.
12. Now on to the smaller parts, try using office organizers.
It is more compact and your desk will look so much more put-together.
13. Since the fall season is coming quite soon. You will need this.
Get a boot rack like this one and you can store multiple pairs in only one footprint.
14. Ikea has amazing clothing racks that look so minimal and classy.
Adding a clothing rack in your wardrobe will help you in your daily outfit choosing. Try hanging the ones that you’ll be needing most days. You can also coordinate them with the seasons.
15. Have you tried wicker baskets?
They are good for storing away all your small items, innerwear, flats, slippers, etc. They look good and also serve the purpose.
16. If you have no proper space, just use a room as a walk-in closet.
You can also use your workroom as a work/closet space.
We hope it brings some light and positive vibes to your closet with all these smart ideas.